Friday, February 27, 2004

Bolivia bore

I can’t believe how long it has been since I last rambled in here. This is where I tell you that I was off living some exotic life and couldn’t get to a computer. Maybe I was sitting atop my yak in Outer Mongolia and studying the mating habits of some rare bird. Of course I couldn’t get to my computer because it was still at the embassy. Or I could tell you that a host of kidnappers broke into my place and nabbed me in order to ransom me off for a pack of bubblegum and six rubber bands.

At least these would be more realistic than the old, “I was abducted by an alien” thing. I mean, that didn’t work when I used it with Mrs. Salmon as an explanation of why I didn’t have my paper about snow leopards in the eighth grade.

So, no, I wasn’t tagging wild bore in Bolivia (are there any bore in Bolivia?), nor was I backpacking across Western Europe. I was just sitting in my living room with nothing to say. It’s unusual that I have nothing to say. Generally I am the kind of person that needs to be told to be quiet or else you will duct tape my mouth shut. But if it makes you feel better to think that I wasn’t around because I was doing something exciting and amazing… I won’t stop you.

The only news I have to share is that I fell in love. Yes that’s right; I fell in love with a brown eyed girl. I should probably tell you a bit about her. She’s young, cute, sweet as can be, and a tad silly at times. She is wonderful to cuddle with, and makes my home brighter. Oh, did I forget to mention she is a puppy? LoL. As if it would be a woman, you forget who it is that you’re dealing with. I have a social life as slow as molasses flowing uphill. There’s no woman here, just a furry little imp (Pictures are coming).

So, if at any point you are wondering what I am doing, I’ll tell you. Just call me Captain Pooper Scooper. I am now the woman trailing after some sniffing puppy begging silently that it would “just go already.” Other than that, I am probably following around the same dog like its little servant, taking things out of its mouth and putting her bone in as a replacement. And you know what? I wouldn’t change a thing.

“A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before lying down.” -- Robert Benchley

No comments: