Friday, July 18, 2008

Movin' On Up

I hate packing. Why do we have all this crap? I'm incredibly grateful that I was able to sucker Dina into getting movers so I don't have to lug this junk. I've tried to thin it out since we're moving from a condo in Amherst to an apartment in Brookline, but I failed miserably. I just look at whatever it is and think, "Well I could use this again.... You never know when you need a 9th cutting board".

I've never lived in a city, so this is going to be quite the change. I already know I'm going to miss the beauty and joy that is parking. I've been assured that grocery stores do have lots so I don't have to find a way to bring home food on the T. But still, I have to wonder if I'm going to go half nuts. If there's a news story about some naked crazy lady holding the T hostage while rocking herself and whimpering about there being too many people... you'll know it's me. However, if you do read this article, please bring the bail money and a towel.

"Nothing endures but change." -- Heraclitus

No comments: