Friday, September 5, 2008

It's Love

They way to a geek's heart is through their gadgetry, forget the stomach. It took very little convincing to get me to agree to suck it up and buy a new computer. Working online from a tiny travel laptop was probably going to make me go blind. So while I cannot afford the computer I want, I can easily afford something that's far better than what I have, and yet still not to much that I cannot replace it in a year or two. Thus off we went to tax-free New Hampshire.

As with every outing, Dina's motivated by where we eat. She already knew exactly where we would eat before we hit the road. Do we look up computers and do some comparison shopping? Nope. But don't worry, we have the restaurant question nailed down. What kind of weird priorities do we have?

After we ate (see our priorities?), we proceeded to go back and forth to the same stores over and over again to try to save some minuscule amount. In the end, at this point in time, there's not a ton of difference when you really think about it. Sure you have to ignore total crap brands, but for what I do with a computer, I certainly don't need something that can run a nuclear attack sub. It took a while but I walked out of there with a brand new middle-of-the-road-entirely-forgettable-mediocre computer!

So while the computer doesn't need to last, I figured a monitor could. I also am sick of not having anything nice, and I've spend quite a lot of time saving for a good one. I'm in love. This thing is 22 inches of pure Samsung love. I wanted to cuddle it in the car on the way home, but the mocking look and rolling eyes from the driver dashed those hopes.

If you don't hear from me for a while, I ran off with Sammy, the monitor of wonder...

"Lo! Men have become the tools of their tools." -- Henry David Thoreau

No comments: