Saturday, September 13, 2008

What Time Is It?

Ever since my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, we've ended phone conversations by saying, "I love you." We'd never really done that before. While I always knew my parents cared, we were never the touchy feely type. I don't like the reasons for it, but I think I like this change.

She's doing well and going to work every day. I don't know why really, I'd love to see her take some time off to recover. Hell I wish she took time off when doing her treatments. Perhaps her way of dealing with it is to keep moving. At this point, whatever it takes is fine by me.

I'm a bit homesick at the moment. Time's funny that way. It wasn't too long ago that I really just wanted to leave, and now I'm sitting here wishing I was back. I think I just wish I could check for myself that everything is still ok. Biweekly phone calls really don't cut it. I'd also get the added bonus of nephew time.

I don't know when the next visit will be, but I sure plan on enjoying my time there. Time is important, I want to make sure that from now on I take it when I can.

"Time! the corrector when our judgments err." -- Lord Byron

No comments: