Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Crafty Eats

I think I'm getting old. I actually allowed myself to be convinced to learn to crochet. Worse yet, we have a weekly meet-up (aka cook 'n hook) at our apartment with Dina, Lisa, and myself. On the one hand, at least this is more social than the computer. On the other hand, I'm not eighty. So every Wednesday we sit there playing with yarn and watching Top Chef. Sometimes we even bake, which Dina is always up for.

I actually enjoy it more than I thought I would. I get off later than either so they both arrive from work while I'm still puttering away at the keyboard. I'm not sure if I love the easy conversation and the mocking of the people on the television, or the routine. It's so nice to have a standing appointment for some silly downtime that doesn't include a computer.

"What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul." -- Yiddish Proverb

No comments: