Sunday, December 7, 2008

Dancin In The Chair

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If I couldn't sit here listening to music blasting while working, it's quite possible I'd have to quit after giving myself a concussion from whacking my head against the keyboard repeatedly. As it is, it's common to see me hurl a kooshball or paper ball at the monitor.

However, occasional frustration aside, I love my job. Any job where you can be barefoot is a keeper. Plus I'm constantly finding myself laughing hysterically at something someone said.

Below is an example of our typical pointless conversation:

Coworker A: "Crap, not snow again!"
Coworker B: "What is this white stuff that you speak of?"
Coworker A: "It's cold bits of ice falling from the sky!"
Coworker C: "You have slushies falling from the sky! Yum! What flavor?"
Coworker A: "They come in plain, plain, and road salt"
Coworker C: "I guess cherry is too much to ask for then."

My mother often worries that working at home will turn me into some type of hermit. I'm already half hermit anyway, so there's really no further I could sink into this. Yet I feel connected to people because I'm constantly chatting online. But I can see her point really. I've recently been thinking about friends who've left my life and the reasons for it. In doing so, I realize again why I'm a bit of a hermit. It may just be better that way.

"When humor goes, there goes civilization." -- Erma Bombeck

No comments: