Wednesday, May 6, 2009

4 years

What is the 4 year anniversary? (Ok it's not really 4 years, but we've known each other for 4 years). This is the question I asked Dina and the answer was, "I believe it's jpeg". The woman can sniff out digital camera gadgetry from 6 blocks away. No matter what store we're in we will have to go and look at them. She calls it "nerding". It really doesn't matter to me because we always walk out of there without buying anything.

So, imagine my surprise when I found out the 4th year is supposed to be fruit or flowers. If I came home with either of those she'd look at me as if I'd just sprouted a tulip for a head. But, I then found a site that had modern anniversary gifts. Apparently it's the appliance anniversary. She'd agree that a new vacuum would be far more romantic. She's a loon.

It's all moot, we're not actually married. However 4 years is still a long time, and we need a new vacuum.

"There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort." -- Jane Austen

No comments: