Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Freeze

On a whim I decided I needed to create a new profile image. Thankfully I found the penguin image to refer to, so that was a snap to get done. I thought for sure the penguin would be the difficult part. But no, it was the damn cactus that drove me nuts. I couldn't decide how to shade it, and then once I did I still didn't like it. I finally gave up because I just didn't want to look at it anymore. So there you have it, one penguin near an oddly shaded frozen cactus. See, even when not living in Arizona, the cactus are still the bane of my existence.

My apartment either has heat on, or AC. So after the horrible heat wave, the residents asked that the AC get kicked on. I was thrilled when they scheduled the switch for today, I hate being hot. Of course the very day that it gets turned on, the temperature outside plummets. As I type this, there is sure to be an icicle dangling from my nose. I'd check, but I lost feeling to my extremities a little while ago. So, I figured a new, yet cold, image was called for.

"Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation." -- Frank McKinney Hubbard

No comments: