Monday, January 21, 2008

Creative Waste of Time

I'm not an artiest, I've accepted that about myself. Yet here I am with my shiny new graphic pen trying to create silly things for Whirled. Whirled is a game that's still in beta testing for Three Rings. Well it really isn't a game but rather an environment where games can be played to earn money to use to buy other things to spruce up your little section. Anyone can upload content to the catalog for sale and eventually cash out for real money.

I think the whole thing just gives me an excuse to try to teach myself Flash and create some goodies. I know I won't actually make anything off it, but it's a nice way to waste a few hours. Once you find a decent group of people, it can be rather fun in there.

How silly is it you ask? Well I spent a good amount of time making a cucumber wearing a snorkel that will dance. How many people can say that... or would want to? Dance cucumber dance!

"Music begins to atrophy when it departs too far from the dance." -- Ezra Pound

No comments: