Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Leavin On a Jet Plane

Thankfully I do know when I'll be home again (3 weeks). However, Dina's already pouting about how long I'll be gone. It just makes sense to make the vacations long to get the most bang for my buck. I don't have to worry about missing work since it goes with me. However I can't help but feel for her. I always get lonely when I'm left home alone. Well lonely after the first night where I drink a bottle of wine and watch a horrible B movie while taking up the whole bed.

I've been homesick and looking froward to seeing mom, the nephew, my puppy, and the rest of the clan. However, I'm going to miss sleeping next to the wiggling lump that insists on scooting back so her back is against me. We could be in a bed the size of Nantucket and she'd still wiggle back to squish me.

It's too bad she couldn't come, but with a new job starting, that's not really possible. I'm sure by the first night she will build a fake me out of pillows. Let's face it... I wouldn't have it any other way.

"If people were meant to pop out of bed, we'd all sleep in toasters." -- Author unknown, attributed to Jim Davis

No comments: