Friday, March 28, 2008

Life's a Joke

I clearly learned that joking helps you ease some of life's curve balls from my mother. I know she's worried, but she's prepared to move on through each little treatment and session of chemo rather than worry about the big picture.

So what do we talk about? Our fears? Nope. We talk about what hats she should wear when she doesn't have hair. She's convinced that her head has a funny shape so she'll need something equally amusing. I think bigger is the way to go, but she's convinced it should be more original than just giant. It must be floppy and perhaps have some LED lights in it. So now I'll need to troll the interwebs looking for a hat that's giant, floppy, and blinking.

"I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol." -- Author Unknown

No comments: