Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Trivial

Sometimes life is about the little things. I’m a huge fan of the little things, and I wonder why so many people choose not to see them. When people point out how much I love something small I always jokingly say, “simple mind simple pleasures.” And yes it’s a joke. But really I am rather simplistic. I don’t mean my intelligence or personality, just in wants and needs. I figure it’s rather masochistic to sit there waiting for some huge complicated thing when something small can warm your heart.

There’s nothing better than heading to your mailbox and coming away with something that isn’t a bill or someone making you some baked goods. I love going to a movie and sitting there wondering where I know a voice from suddenly to realize that the voice of the fairy godmother in Shrek 2 was none other than Jennifer Saunders from Abfab. If you can make me laugh you immediately intrigue me. That’s so rare and such a small thing that it’s extremely powerful. I can spend hours with a web game or tinkering on my computer perfectly content with the world. Even hearing someone say in a voice that suddenly softens “goodnight” is incredible to me. It’s small yes, but whether it’s a friend or love it still makes you feel important.

Someone told me today, “Oh you’re so simple” in that scoffing and irritating way. It was as if they were saying I was incapable of deep emotions or thoughts because something silly amused me for hours. So what? I have serious issues and weight that sits on my shoulders. I wouldn’t want to know me if I didn’t use something good to balance it however small and trivial. Of course this is the same person, and we all have one of these people, that seems to make herself feel better if she can shred you down a bit. “How can you be in a good mood with blah going on?” It’s like they want to remind you to kill of whatever happiness you were allowing yourself.

This is how it is. The stuff has hit the fan, I know that... I don’t need your reminder. I don’t care if you think I should wallow or scream into the night. I don’t choose to live like you do and not find something.... ANYthing to be happy about or to amuse me if for a moment. I’m also not going to defend myself to you... I don’t much care what you think seeing as though your opinion of my life is so grand *rolling eyes*. I’ll just grab hold of those little things as my way of saying you can sod off. Not that you’d be bothering to read this anyway.

So really this isn’t about me asking for anyone to comment about me in a positive way... it's not needed. Just find something that will amuse you today for 10 mins and I’ll be happy. Spend your energy reading a good story, listening to some good music, talking to your friends, or just calling someone for no reason. Just do something that you’ll find enjoyable.

Oh and thanks for alla the well wishes folks... I’m feeling much better. Those who come here and read these words or are a part of my little online world are a good part of those things that bring me some happiness. So thank you.

“Happiness is your dentist telling you it won't hurt and then having him catch his hand in the drill.” -- Johnny Carson

No comments: