Sunday, July 18, 2004

Who needs sleep?

I went to bed a few hours ago content. Talking about everything and nothing and a few laughs before bed are always the way to go. Normally I would drift off to sleep right away. Sometimes I have to wonder if I’m narcoleptic. The only thing that leads me to doubt that are those times that things start filtering through my mind robbing me of sleep. They aren’t always bad things, far from it. Life tends to filter through my head when the safety of the covers and the darkness of my room demand it.

Sometimes the only one you have to talk to is yourself. Sometimes you are the only one who’ll understand, who doesn’t need the back-story, and who wont be hurt by said thoughts. How would you explain to someone thoughts that aren’t yet concrete? What if what you need/want to think and talk about involves the very people who you’d normally run to? Or what if you are like me, and reluctant to allow someone that close of an examination? They may not like what they see... I certainly don’t a lot of the time. Besides, sometimes I’d hardly know where to begin.

I’d like to think that I can be there for someone when needed. However in reality that’s rather selfish of me because I wont often allow them the same privilege. When you spend a lot of your life people watching you tend to shy away from that moment when the spotlight hits you. It’s easy to hide in someone else’s problem, and easy to hide if you’re content to observe. So this is me hiding in the open tonight and talking with the voices in my head. Heh.

“Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep.” -- Fran Lebowitz

No comments: